Friday, July 27, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory Soap

Cover Photo

I remember growing up with Ivory in my home and when I received my complimentary bar of Ivory in my Mom Vox Box from Influenster, the scent of it brought back so many memories.  The scent of pure cleanliness and a soap that lathers so well, who could want anything more in the shower or a bath?

 I want to present an idea that many in my line of work (I teach Pre-K) know about already but I want to share it with moms all over as an activity to do with their children.

 Check out how to make Clean Mud below............................

                    Step 1.  Lay out all your ingredients...for this you need the following...
                 1 bar of Ivory soap, a roll of toilet paper, water, grater and a mixing bowl.




Step 2:  Grate as much of the soap as you want.  There is no right or wrong here.

Step 3:  Tear up some toilet paper.  Again, it does not matter how much you use but I will say that the cheap thin paper works best and it goes a long way.

Step 4: Add some water, small amounts work best because the more you add, the thinner the result and I like it to be kind of thick.

Step 5:  The fun part!!! Have your child use thier hands to mix it up.  The soap will lather up and the toilet paper will disolve creating a nice muddy texture.  Kids love to play with this! 

I always keep a nice stash of Ivory soap in my supply closet at school and the kids ask to make this all the time!!  One of the benefits other than the fact that it's fun is that it cleans the kids up and makes the room smell wonderfully clean.

Don't forget to visit Ivory here... Ivory

Thanks Ivory and Influenster!!





No comments:

Post a Comment