Monday, May 21, 2012

Ball Park Burgers

                         

Ball Park now makes burgers that seem to be targeted mostly to the guys we know because they market them as "guy food".  I think this is a really great angle for Ball Park because as a girl who is always dieting, I would not eat them myself.

I am fortunate to be a BzzAgent and was excepted into this Ball Park campaign to try them out complimentary.  When I used my coupon from BzzAgent to purchase them, I was very taken aback by the price.  they are $8.99 at Tops but could be cheaper at WalMart.  If there was a dozen in the bag, it would be worth it but there are only 6 in a bag.  I would not have gotten these without a coupon.  (If anyone wants to try them, I have a few $2.00 coupons left that I would love to hand out). 

When I took them home, I popped 2 in the microwave for my husband while I walked around the corner to pick up a pack of rolls.  When I got back, they were ready and the house smelled like I grilled something.  This was quite a pleasant smell for someone who was hungry!!  I was slightly disappointed when I opened the microwave and saw all the grease that had collected on the plate and napkin that I had covering them.  I guess that is why they are for guys because so many times they don't care what they eat:)  The grease was just dripping off the napkin and this really put me off.  I put them together anyway and this is what the finished product looks like above.

After trying them, my husband said he really liked them but he said they did taste like they were made in the microwave rather than on the grill which was also a little disappointing to me because they smelled so good cooking.  He said that he would eat them again though and I do love the quickness of them!! 


The next time I made them, I soaked up all the grease and my husband said they were better that way.  Health wise too!!      

So, the verdict is, we are getting these again, provided they are on sale and I can use a coupon.  Grease has to go and we have a sure fire winner for the men in my life!!   

                                                                                                            
 

1 comment:

  1. My dad would probably love these. He hates cooking.

    ReplyDelete